Believe it or not, most people don’t make the effort to use a secure password, leaving them susceptible to having their information hacked.
How can you make your passwords more secure?
- Don’t make a password too personal — for example, don’t tie it to anything that could be guessed by viewing your social media accounts.
- Don’t use single words found in the dictionary—your passwords should be as random as possible with no discernable patterns.
- You can use a combination of words to create a stronger “passphrase.”
- Change your password regularly, and don’t use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Use a password manager or a password tool.